Pages of Persuasive Information about Women, Safety, Life & Living, African American info,
All About Dogs
True life stories written by Kenneth Henry
Take the African American History Quiz!
Stories and Jokes
submitted by readers.
Concept Development Form
Ad World Specials
Web Acronym Glossary
& Techno Terms
Frequently Asked Questions - All about Website Design & Promotion
Simone Bouyer has
designed numerous web sites, brochures, and catalogues. More...
Web Sites, Books &
Music I Really Dig...
The African American History Quiz
Take a few minutes to answer the following 20 questions.
See how many you can get correct!
2. What was a "barracoon"?
a) a slave warehouse
b) a slave trader
c) a tribal chief
3. In the beginning of the slave trade, what was the average cost of a healthy male slave?
4. The voyage of slave ships from Africa to the West Indies was called the "Middle Passage" Why?
a) It was the second of a three-leg voyage
b) The ships passed between two continents
c) All the slaves were kept in the middle of the ship
5. In the beginning of the slave trade, what was the usual profit margin on a slaving voyage?
a) 10 cents on the dollar
b) 30 cents on the dollar
c) 50 cents on the dollar
6. What commodity created the initial demand for slaves in America?
7. What groups of slaves were known as "Maroons"?
a) Runaway slaves belonging to colonies
b) Slaves abandoned on deserted islands
c) Slaves who could not be sold
8. In what year did "slavery" become recognized in law?
9. When were the first Affirmative Action type "quota's" made laws?
10. In 1783, Jesse Peter became a licensed Baptist preacher of the first Negro Baptist Church. Where was this church located?
a) Silver Bluff, South Carolina
b) Boston, Massachusetts
c) Cleveland, Ohio
11. Who was the first African-American to dine at the White House?
a) Marcus Garvey
b) Martin Luther King
c) Booker T. Washington
12. In what year was the first public slave auction held in America?
13. During the summer of 1919, 26 race riots broke out. What was this summer known as?
BONUS - can you name some of the areas where the riots occurred?
a) Red Summer
b) Riot Summer
c) Black Summer
14. The list of African-Americans claiming their service in the British Army during the American Revolution, and thus their right to freedom, became known as what?
a) The Black List
b) The Black Book
c) The Book of Negroes
15. The term "Jim Crow" was made famous by whom?
a) John Brown
b) Thomas Rice
c) Samuel Lewis
16. Tommie Smith and John Carlos made the "fist in the air" symbol of black power globally famous during which event?
a) A Rock Concert
b) The World Series
c) The Summer Olympics
17. An invention of Elijah McCoy began the use of what term?
a) Hot Dog
b) The Real McCoy
c) As strong as steel
18. In 1642, a Virginia law penalized anyone sheltering runaway slaves what price?
a) 2 Horses
b) 50 British pounds
c) 20 Pounds of Tobacco
19. What were the names of the two Blacks who accompanied George Washington during his famous trip across the Delaware?
a) Sam Oliver and John Brown
b) Washington Smith and Salem Poor
c) Prince Whipple and Oliver Cromwell
20. In what year did the last state north of the Mason-Dixon Line pass a slave emancipation law?
2) Click Here to View Your Score
African American History Quiz - in Depth Answers
AD WORLD | Print Ad Design | Logo Design | Catalog & Packaging Design | Websites
RAD WORLD | Regarding Dogs | Wacky | Persuasive
Home | Info | Make Payments | New Business Form | about Simone
Contact me Today for Affordable, Professional Print & Web Design
Simone Bouyer phone: 828-689-8543 fax: 828-689-8533